Please join me in welcoming the wonderful Priya Kanaparti.
I'm happy to be a part of the tour for her new YA paranormal romance, DRACIAN LEGACY.
Settle in and learn a little more about Priya and her book.
1. As a reader, what do you think makes a good story?A good story for me is filled with action, humor, or heartache. I need a story that truly takes me by surprise and makes me feel like I'm living the story myself.
2. What's one thing a bad book has taught you NOT to do in your own writing?
Telling! Since the first time I started writing back in 2012, that was one thing I had learned to do better. Don't tell, SHOW! And I still find some books that tell us what the characters are doing and feeling.
3. What is your preferred genre and what draws you to it?
YA or NA -- ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE! I'm a sucker for love stories that are born out of tragedy--kind of like a Phoenix born from the ashes!
4. Describe your writing style in three words.Write, rewrite, and rewrite. lol.
5. What's your biggest motivation to write?
My motivation to write is truly the characters! Their motivation to have the story be heard, fuels me to write as fast as I can!
6. Other than reading and writing, what do you do for fun?I have a three year old who fills my time when I'm not working or writing. So my fun revolves around seeing him laugh and enjoy his life.
7. What are you currently reading?
King Cave by Scarlett Dawn
8. Who's your favorite character in the Dracian Legacy and why?Dean! I guess you can say that I'm biased toward him. Although Dracian Legacy is told from Ren's POV, the story took a life of its own because of Dean!
9. What advice would you give to new writers?Don't be in a hurry to finish your story and find reliable people that truly care about your work as much as you do (not your family and friends, but strangers). I know it's hard to be critiqued by people you don't know. However, it's better to be critiqued by people that want to help you improve than by your readers! Now don't get me wrong, no matter how well your book is written how much you love it, you can't avoid criticism, nonetheless, surround yourself with people that are supportive of your work.
About the author:
Priya lives in the beautiful city of Boise, ID as a full-time working mom and part-time YA Novel Author. For the past 7+ years she has worked in multiple fortune 500 companies and has recently found the passion to read and write. The Dracian Legacy is her first YA paranormal romance series. She strongly believes that true love conquers all and that’s a common theme you’ll find within her novels.
At seventeen, Ren Pernell knows the meaning of tragedy.
But then, a year after losing her parents, Axel Knight walks through the door and changes everything. Strange creatures start to appear, her best friend suddenly finds her irresistible, and an undeniable, unexplainable bond with Axel threatens to drive her insane. She knows he’s the key. There’s something he’s not sharing, and she’s determined to find out.
Demanding answers, she finally learns the truth: everything she ever believed is an illusion. Caught in a centuries-old blood feud between races she never knew existed, Ren discovers her true destiny. She’s the chosen one, the Echo, preordained to end the bloodshed.
There’s just one catch--in order to save those she loves and a homeland she’s never seen, she’ll have to die.
With the clock running out, she’ll have to navigate a new world of betrayal, lies and deceit. If she can forgive, finding love even in the darkest places, she just might be able to escape the prophecy. But how much is she willing to sacrifice for a cause she didn’t know she was part of? And what will it take for her to be free?
You can purchase DRACIAN LEGACY here: