2. I haven't finished my steampunk short story. I'll have to pick something else to submit to my writer's group for critique this month. I might send in the first chapter of my newest project and get their opinion. Though I'm very nervous about doing so because I don't know if I'm living up to my standards writing from the male POV. Yes, perhaps I will send it in. The more nervous I am, the more it says I need to get it critiqued.
3. Don't forget I'll be interviewing M. Pepper Langlinais on Monday. She has a gift for all my awesome readers. Please join us!
4. We're having a garage sale with some friends today. We brought over a load of stuff to sell to their house and priced them. Then one friend dared to ask if we'd be selling any books. (Because everyone thinks our house has too many books! HA!) My husband and I looked at each other and laughed. Sorry, we're never selling any of our books.
5. Yesterday I took my son to McDonalds for the first time. The first time I've been in one in decades. (I kid you not!) I decided to go there because it's the only place in town with an indoor AIR-CONDITIONED playground. Not much of a playground, and it was more for older kids, but the boy had fun. He got nuggets, ice cream, and playtime in a nice cool place. We did spend an equal amount of time at the library before we went, so I think that makes up for me taking him there!
6. My husband, son, and I had a fun Fourth of July. We took the boy to his first parade. At first, he was put off by the crowd and wanted to go home. Yet the moment he got his first piece of candy, he was hooked! He loved the marching bands most of all. We all then napped, spent two hours at the pool, and met with friends in the evening for ice cream. Yum!