Saturday, September 22, 2012
Saturday Six for September 22nd
2. My monthly writer's group meets today. A bunch of very short stories this time, but good ones. My own is a fantasy flash piece done backwards. I wasn't attempting to be artsy or anything. It's just that the beginning was the most climatic part, so I put it at the end.
3. My mom will be arriving on Tuesday this coming week and visiting for four days. She'll spoil my son and feed me cake. I'll be absent from the cyber world during those days, but at least you'll know I'll be stuffed to the gills with yummy sweets.
4. I finally got to watch Cabin in the Woods. It was amazing! I haven't loved a movie like that in a long time. I'd already read spoilers, so I wasn't surprised, but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of it. Joss Whedon is brilliant.
5. My new TV show this week was Revolution. I don't know. Interesting and yet it hasn't hooked me yet. I don't like the younger actors. Where does everyone find new and fashionable clothes in this world?! I'll keep watching, but it didn't suck me in like LOST did.
6. Thursday was picture day at my son's preschool. They were in need of a volunteer to help the photographer, so I offered a helping hand. It turned out to be a chaotic morning. My son's teacher was sick and so the regular routine was thrown to the winds. This immediately led the boy to a bad, bad mood which he refused to shake. I was the photographer's gopher, fetching kids and classes to come down for their photos, and I was also a substitute teacher with the boy clinging to my leg the entire time. The boy didn't smile for his pictures. He scowled. Do you remember those preschool stress dreams I had before the school year started? They came true.
Here's hoping the weekend is good for all of us!