1. Earlier this week, I checked my sales on Amazon and discovered there were over 1000 downloads of THE MARQUIS in less than 24 hours. I was shocked and ecstatic! It was #1 on the Demons & Devils best seller list and #9 on Paranormal & Urban. It was also #274 in the Free Amazon Store. I have no idea what promoted the rush of downloads. I haven't done anything new with marketing. It's just one of those weird and wonderfully unexpected moments.
2. I haven't gotten a chance this week to start on my revisions for WIP #2, my superhero story. I'll get a few hours this morning, but hopefully I'll find time on the weekend, and we won't get any more snow days. Though the groundhog saw his shadow, didn't he?
3. Don't forget there's still time to enter the huge Valentine's Day Giveaway. 21 authors giving away their books. I'm giving away a digital copy of The 13th Floor Complete Collection.
4. My son amazed several people this week with his reading skills. I always love watching people's amazement when they see a 3.5 year old reading. I'm so proud of him. This does not show in the bad mom haircut I gave him this week. Poor kid. He won't let anyone else do it, so it's up to me, and he cringes at the sound of scissors cutting hair. Yes, it is a weird and a bit unnerving sound, but it makes for an uneven cut no matter how much I try to be careful.
5. I finished reading a trilogy by Nora Roberts. The first Roberts books I've ever read. Surprising since I do like romance, but I was a bit intimidated by the number of books she has published. I tell myself that I need to be that prolific, suffer a few moments of immense stress over it, and then tell myself to just get through the revisions of my current WIPs. Worry about writing more later. Working on revisions for two WIPs, yup, that's enough for me right now.
Have a wonderful weekend!