I was tagged by Summer Ross in
the Next Big Thing!
Thank you so much, Summer.
1) What is the working title of your book? 1301.
2) Where did the idea come from? This idea came from thinking what life would be like for a supernatural being that had retired from being supernatural. He still has a bit of magic, but he's not like he use to be and glad for it.
3) What genre does it fall under? Paranormal romance.
4) What actors would you cast for your characters if your book was turned into a movie? Hmm, tough one. The protagonist is a large older man and looks good in a beard. A bit like Sean Connery when he was 30 years younger. The protagonist's love interest would be played by Robin Wright. And the villain, maybe Jude Law.
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? A retired demon acquires a price on his head and must either fight or surrender, but one way he loses the woman he loves and the other he loses himself.
6) Will your book be published or represented by an agency? No. I'll be self-publishing it.
7) How long did it take to write the first draft? It took three months. Slow for me because I just didn't have the time to write over the summer.
8) In genre, what books can you compare yours to? 1301 has a definite noir feeling. Similar to Jim Butcher's Dresden Files.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book? The idea of a retired demon came to me itself. He made himself known.
10) What else about the book might pique readers' interests? 1301 is the first novella in a series about six supernatural tenants living on a mysterious 13th Floor. All of the stories loosely connect.
Since this meme has been going around a lot, I pass it on to anyone that wishes to promote their WIP.