Thursday, January 12, 2012
Booking Through Thursday Interview
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read? I usually read at night after my son has gone to bed.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.) No. I usually eat cereal and watch the news before I have to get the menfolk up.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.) I eat cereal. Fruit Loops, most of the time. My stomach can't handle anything heavier in the mornings.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read? I try to get in one, but sometimes I don't make it.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? I read less than I did ten years ago. It's hard when you have a toddler running about!
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? I'm a fast reader, but I don't think I speed over the text.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Teleportation. It would make doing errands and visiting family and friends so much easier.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go? Most of the time I remember to slip one into the diaper bag.
9. What KIND of book? Depends on what I'm reading at the time. I read a lot of paranormal romance.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card? Five. I'm not including school. The tiny town library was right next to my elementary school.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?) Oldest copy: Sophocles - The Theban Plays. Oldest copyright: John Stuart Mill's On Liberty. (I was a Philosophy major and I have a bunch of old texts that I bought from used book stores back in my university days.) Longest in my collection: my Stephen King books. Can't remember which one came first.
12. Do you read in bed? Yes. I love reading in bed!
13. Do you write in your books? Never.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be? Read everything. Don't stick to one genre. You'll surprise yourself at the gems you'll find.