It's a brand new shiny year. Time to start things off with a cheer. This begins by reviewing last year's goals.
1. Write the rest of the Totem books and start to publish them. Well, I wrote six of them and started on the seventh. Two things got in the way of this goal: my health and marketing. I'm telling myself to be satisfied that four are out and two are coming, and I haven't set a deadline to stress myself with for the last three.
2. Revise and submit the Sasquatch Susies series to my publisher. Done. They were published. My publisher closed. So I have no idea how the books did.
3. Read and review 100 books. Done! I did include books I read with my son. I believe children's books need love on Goodreads too.
4. Write and submit six short stories. Done. I was short-listed three times for pro markets, but I didn't make it.
5. Blogging. Finding a balance between writing and blogging. I still haven't found it.
1. Write the final three Totem novellas and publish them.
2. Write the second two books in the Of Blood and Sorrow trilogy. I'd like to say I'll publish them by the end of the year, but they will be two full sized novels, and I will not publish one until the other is done.
3. Self-publish the books I had with my publisher. I'm allowed to keep the covers at least!
4. Read and review 100 books. I hope to keep this up for the rest of my life!
5. Write and submit six short stories. I can't say I have time to write one every month, but sometimes a great idea for a flash piece hits me, and I have to scribble it down. I'm still aiming at the pro markets.
6. Continue to study and try out different marketing techniques. Slowly but surely, I'm learning. I'm trying to figure out what works for me. And I will definitely share with you what I've learned.
7. Improve my writing speed and focus. Last month, I used writing sprints, and they've been working for me. It silences my inner editor and the words flow. I don't know if I could ever get to 5000 words an hour, but that much a day would be amazing.