1. I managed to get some writing done this past week. I've also been critiquing stories. I have my local writers group meeting tomorrow. I dug out an old fantasy short story for them. I'd like to write something new, but I only have so much time.
2. I thought I'd create a few short stories from old novels that I wrote. My paranormal short, "Immaculate" in Mortis Operandi was originally a novel. Reading my old manuscripts, I cringed. The writing! Oh, the horror. And not in a good horror sort of way. It's amazing to see how far I've come with my writing. Do you sometimes go back and compare how your writing has changed over the years?
3. Yet I did find one of my NaNoWriMo novels full of possibilities. If I could rewrite it with more humor, it would be like a Terry Pratchett style take on fairytale tropes. But that's way down on my list of things to possibly do.
4. It's been a busy week. I helped clean up my son's preschool playground, getting it ready for when school starts again. Then we got the news that the church the preschool is in will be closing. We don't know the timeline yet, but it's already been a scramble to find a new location. I'm on the board and emergency meetings have been called. I hope we can keep our lease until the end of the school year. That will give us more time to find a new place. It's stressful and a bit crazy right now.
5. Reminder: Don't forget there's still six days to enter the awesome Untethered Realms 100 followers giveaway for a chance to win a grand prize pack of wonderful reads. In that same post, there's the links for all the books we have on sale this month at Smashwords. The 13th Floor Complete Collection is 50% off!
Have a great weekend!